Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Pears and Red Onion
While pears are still in season, why not buy a few and try combining them with red onions and a pork tenderloin? They complement each other perfectly, and it’s an easy way to serve a luscious dinner. Most of us are cooking for just our immediate families during this Covid-19 pandemic, and this recipe uses only one pork tenderloin, which will serve about three to four people. But it’s easy enough to add another pork tenderloin and more pears and onions to the pan for when you can start entertaining again — or even better — deliver some to an elderly couple who aren’t able to cook or a young couple with children, struggling to work at home and take care of their kids at the same time too. This recipe starts out by roasting the pears and onions first in a butter and white wine mixture.
Sprinkle the pork tenderloin with salt and pepper, and smear with the honey/mustard/herbs mixture.
Add the meat to the pan and roast for about 1/2 hour or until the temperature registers 140 degrees F. You will need to keep a watch on the onions and pears and remove them before the meat is cooked. Keep them covered to seal in the heat while the pork finishes cooking.
Slice the pork and arrange with the pear and onions, as well as green vegetable, for a colorful and delicious meal.
Click here to connect with me on Instagram and find out what Ciao Chow Linda is up to in the kitchen (and other places too.)
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 2 Bosc pears, quartered and cored
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1 T. butter
- ¼ cup sweet white wine
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 T. honey
- 1 Tablespoon herbs de Provence
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- salt, pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a roasting pan and add the lemon juice and sweet wine.
- Add the pears to the pan, tossing them so each side is coated with the mixture.
- Push the pears to one side, then add the onions, also coating them with the butter/wine mixture.
- Roast for 10 minutes.
- While the pears and onions are roasting, prepare the meat.
- Dry the pork with a paper towel, then season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the mustard, honey and herbs together.
- Push the onions and pears in the roasting pan to one side, and place the meat on the remaining portion of the pan,
- Spread the honey/mustard/herb mixture all over the meat and return the pan to the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- The onions and pears might be ready a few minutes before the meat is cooked, so remove them to a warm serving platter while the meat finishes roasting.
- The meat will be ready when a thermometer reads 140 degrees F.
- Let it rest on a chopping board for about 5 minutes, then slice.
- Arrange everything onto a serving platter, then pour any juices from slicing the meat over the top.
- (There will be little to no juices from the pan, but there should be some when you slice the meat.)